Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Can't Help But Wonder Where I'm Bound #1

A friend of mine named Carl decided to create a blog this year and center his theme around the things he has to be thankful for and the positive aspects of his life. I was very inspired by this and thought that the discipline of writing a blog would be something that would be beneficial for me and possibly interesting for others. I couldn't exactly decide what the general thread should be throughout my posts but I am beginning to wrap my thoughts around writing about the events and people in my life that have brought meaning to my life in the past and who is influencing me now and how that effects how I look at the future. The folk song, "I Can't Help But Wonder Where I'm Bound" kind of sums up how I want to approach this set of entries.

"It's a long and a dusty road

It's a hot and a heavy load

And the folks that I meet ain't always kind

Some are bad, some are good,

Some have done the best they could

Some have tried to ease my troubling mind

And I can't help but wonder where I'm bound

Where I'm bound

And I can't help but wonder where I'm bound

I have wandered thru this land

Just a doing the best I can

Tryin to find what I was meant to do

And the people that I see look as worried as can be

And it looks like they are a wondering too"

So with that thought, I will see how long I can keep this up. So many of you have influenced me in so many ways that I won't run out of things to write about for some time. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I think it's important to have some time to reflect on the things that make you happy. It kind of puts everything else in perspective. For me, personally, my blogs kind of motivated me to take some steps to change the things that get me down! I hope you keep it up! It's great way to reflect :)

    Almost like an hour with God but for yourself and see what's going on.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete